
Thanksgiving day 2007 was a beautiful warm sunny day. The girls and I spent the morning watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade on TV and cooking for lunch later in the day. Brandon was on call and had to work in the morning, but luckily was able to come home around noon. We joined three other "medical" couples/families that were away from family for the holiday. We really had a good time and delicious food! Our lunch was topped off with homemade chocolate, apple, banana cream, and pumpkin pies. Yum!

Friday we went to a movie, and Saturday was spent walking the mall. Brandon and I are TERRIBLE shoppers. We joked that we were the only couple in the US who didn't buy any Christmas gifts during the weekend! But the girls did get a chance to visit with Santa.
We also ended up decorating for Christmas on Sunday. It didn't take long because we decided not to pack and move the majority of our Christmas boxes to Massachusetts for one year. So we ended up buying a small (sad looking, really) pre-lit tree. We also pulled out one box of ornaments and misc. Christmas things to decorate the apartment. I think I might have to make a couple of purchases to make the place look more festive!
Here are a few pictures from the weekend:
2 comments:
We did not buy any Christmas gifts Thanksgiving weekend also! I wanted to though... I love looking at all the pictures on your blog. Not only do you have a cute family but the landscape is amazing.
Kara, I loved reading your blog and everything you've done during the holidays. How fun for you to be in Boston this year. We miss you guys though! Your girls are darling.
Post a Comment