
We had a fun Memorial Day weekend with more Massachusetts sights to see. While we had hoped to make it down to NYC, we decided to be more budget conscience and stay closer to home. Despite the $4/gallon gas prices, we spent the weekend driving to a few places that we have been wanting to visit. We made it to the Plimoth Plantation, to the Mayflower II, and to Cape Cod. The weather was nice and the girls LOVED playing at the beach. We ate fish and chips and even a lobster roll. 









We drove the entire length of the Cape to Provincetown (a surprising three hour drive from Boston). I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I was shocked to learn that the gay community is very accepted in Provincetown. As we drove down the busy Commercial Street we were among men in drag and couples of women, couples of men, and a few mixed couples. It was weird but funny at the same time! We actually didn't feel comfortable parking the car and staying longer with the girls so we drove on to another beach. Who knows what questions Lauren would have for us on the way home! 










We drove the entire length of the Cape to Provincetown (a surprising three hour drive from Boston). I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I was shocked to learn that the gay community is very accepted in Provincetown. As we drove down the busy Commercial Street we were among men in drag and couples of women, couples of men, and a few mixed couples. It was weird but funny at the same time! We actually didn't feel comfortable parking the car and staying longer with the girls so we drove on to another beach. Who knows what questions Lauren would have for us on the way home! 
Our weekend ended with a a WINDY Memorial Day BBQ with friends at a South Boston beach.

3 comments:
I can imagine if you didn't know what to expect in Provincetown it would be quite a shock. It makes me laugh because even though I had good warning about it, it was still quite a shock to my 18-year-old, naive senses. Did you happen to go into any of the shops in town? Even more shocking. hehe. But it looks like you found the good beaches there. Cape Cod is actually one of my favorite places on earth.
your pictures are so nice. I love the shot of Lauren walking up the path from the little village. Jsut imagine if she was dressed in period clothing. Cute!
The pictures of the girls in their pilgrim hats are super cute!
Post a Comment