Monday, December 15, 2008

Nutcracker 2008

In November I decided to purchase tickets to the Nutcracker ballet. Basically because I wanted to surprise Lauren and take her on a special date with just me. B's parents came into town to watch Elle while B worked during the day. I didn't want Lauren to gloat in front of Elle (since Elle is too young to go anyway), but I found out Lauren told her. Lauren said, "Elle, mommy and me are going to the Nutcracker ballet, alone!" And Elle's reply went something like, "Lauren, you take care of yourself. It's my problem." B's mom overheard the exchange and it is so funny to think of Elle being more "adult" than Lauren. By the way, Elle had just as much fun that afternoon with her Gma and Gpa Ferney!

So Lauren and I got dressed up for the matinee performance of the ballet on Dec 6th. We had very good seats. However, the girl two seats down from us gave Lauren a little cushion to use so that she could see the stage even better. During the ballet, Lauren gave me a play by play interpretation of the ballet. I found myself "shushing" her throughout the majority. We ended buying a memento Clara holding a Nutcracker Christmas ornament and a small Nutcracker snow globe for Elle (which broke the next day.... ho hum).

After the performance, we had extra tickets to attend the Sugar Plum fairy aftershow party. We had sugar cookies, and met the main dancers from the show on the stage.

Lauren and I had so much fun together. It was definitely worth the splurge.

2 comments:

greta said...

yea, it is so good to see you here again! I can't wait to go out with alli like this. Looks like she loved it

julie said...

Lauren will always remember that! You are a good mom. I am also glad that you put something on your blog again...have missed you! J