Monday, March 15, 2010

Lauren is Creating Worlds


Today at school I made a Globe. I got Play Dough and made a Yellow ball and then got some red dough and made it flat. I put the flat piece of red dough around the yellow ball. And then I got some orange dough and made it flat. I put the flat piece of orange dough around the red and yellow ball. Then I got some blue play dough and flattened it out very thin like a piece of paper. Then I put it around the orange, red, and yellow ball. Then I got some green play dough. I made it into shapes of continents, and put them on the blue to look like Earth.

The Yellow is the Inner Core of the Earth. The Red is the Outer Core. The Orange is the Mantle. The Blue is the crust and oceans. The Green is the land.

It was fun, so I came home and made another one. Science is fun!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Good job Lauren. That sounds like so much fun. Be careful not to let Cameron play with it. He might think it looks like one of his baby chew toys.

greta said...

What a great idea! I agree science is fun. We will have to do that one at home too! Thanks for the idea. Kera, the site is great. I like Ferney Farm. I will get more pics on mine soon