Tuesday, March 18, 2008

We Love Having Visitors!

My sister Julie came and visited us for a few days. She flew from Dallas where it was sunny and 90 degrees outside... to Boston, a cold and windy city of about 35 degrees. Ouch! Spring where are you? We were able to do some sight-seeing, but the best part was having company and visiting with family!

We took the "T" into the city on Thursday to shop and visit Faneuil Hall. We were there as the shops opened and as the food counters displayed their fantastic looking food. Our mouths were watering in expectation of what we were to eat that day for lunch. Would it be a bowl of New England Clam Chowdah (You have to say it with the New England accent)? A lobster roll? Or any of the delicious looking ethnic foods? We decided to shop for awhile and then come back for lunch a little later.

A little later... We decided on splitting a plate of Teriyaki chicken and a shrimp roll. Sadly our food didn't taste as good as it looked. The shrimp roll was so nasty. Sorry Julie.

Friday we took the day to shop at a beautiful mall in Natick, Mass. We found a few good deals and had a good time. That evening, Julie and I visited the Museum of Fine Arts. This is one of my favorite places in Boston. It was even better that night, because I was able to leave the little-ones at home. :) Here are a few of my favorites:


Saturday Brandon, the girls, Julie, and I made our way up to the North Shore and stopped at Marblehead and Salem Mass. Marblehead has many homes and buildings that predate the Revolutionary War. If the weather had not been so cold, I would have liked to walk the streets and visit the shops. We stopped here for lunch and had some delicious clam chowdah.

Four miles north of Marblehead is Salem, home to the Salem witch trials in 1692. We visited the "House of Seven Gables," and the Salem Witch Museum. It was a dreary day for this spooky town.

(Julie and I are about the same height... regardless of how this pic turned out)



On Sunday we made our way up to visit Harvard University and to stop at the Boston Temple.  Here are some pictures while the weather was warm last summer.


Thanks Julie for coming to visit. We loved it! I hope you are now recovering in your backyard pool.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I miss my sisters! I am so jealous. Looks like a fun trip.
Love you both!

sacramentostakeclerk said...

I love the Boston Museum of Fine Arts. I once went alone because I couldn't get anyone to go with me... I was a teenager at the time. So, yes, I was clearly a total dork in high school. Sad, how some things never change.

Man, I want to come play in Boston with you!