With a forecast of rain expected, we planned on spending our Saturday inside the Boston Children's Museum. It turned out to be such a fun day. We started off by taking the "T" into Boston and having some pizza for lunch at a favorite spot in the North End. The weather was actually beautiful (no rain). The sky was clear and bright blue. It wasn't too cold or too hot... I THINK spring is finally on its way!
After lunch we made our way over to the Children's Museum. When we first moved to Boston last summer, we spent a Friday evening at the museum. But this was the first time that we could go and spend the time we wanted and to see and experience all of the exhibits offered. Lauren was really looking forward to this day. The only "downer" was because it was Saturday, it was packed. Before going into the Museum, and because it was so nice outside, we stopped and got the girls ice cream cones at the Hood Milk Bottle. Elle managed to eat an entire chocolate ice cream cone without getting chocolate ice cream on her white shirt! I was close by with a wet wipe handy and was willing to lick the sides of the ice cream so it didn't drip down the sides. :)



Inside we found ourselves exploring the Science Playground with golfball raceways, creating giant bubbles, building wooden sailboats, crafting finger puppets, and much more.



4 comments:
That sounds like so much fun. We lived about 45 minutes away from a children's museum in WA and NEVER went. I feel really bad.
What a great day! I'm glad you're having such a great year in Boston. What an experience!
We will miss this place when we go! I agree sun is on its way!!!
Kara, I found your blog from Erin's. It's great to catch up with you. We were just in Boston last summer. It looks like you guys are doing it right and taking it all in. Good luck with the upcoming move. We will be moving to Chicago this summer. I'll keep in touch.
Sandra
Post a Comment