Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Computer Time

Lately I have been working at the computer looking for homes in the Highland, UT area to rent.  It has been literally mind-numbing!  I feel tied to my computer screen hoping that a new listing will post, and so I'll refresh my searches over and over during the day.  I feel like I have been neglecting my other responsibilities!  But finding a home to live in is so important. I find that I have expensive taste and while we are going to try to save money this year, I find myself only satisfied with the brand-new modern sparkling clean homes.  I have to admit, it has been funny calling many of the contacts and hearing a Utah "twang" in their voice.  I guess we have been away awhile to be able to discern the accent.  

I have found a couple of possibilities, but being so far away has been so difficult and frustrating.  I would love to be able to drive around and personally look at all of the possibilities.  Luckily I have a wonderful friend that has been willing to help go see the homes. She has given me great advise about the housing market in the area, schools to avoid, and general tips on the neighborhoods.  

Time is getting short for us in Boston.  We have many things we still want to see and do.... I hope we will find the time.  But it won't happen if I don't get away from this computer!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Amen-The computer totally sucks time. Yeah, I totally experienced how frustrating it is looking for homes on-line.

Kristen said...

Good Luck...keep me posted