Lauren just completed her first soccer class this spring. I enrolled her in an afterschool co-ed class that met once a week for six weeks. She was thrilled about the "idea" of playing soccer. However, after a few weeks, I think the fun wore off. There were about 12 active 5-year-old boys and 3 mild-mannered 5-year-old girls in the class. This eventually led to Lauren not enjoying herself as much as expected. Her favorite part of soccer was being the goalie so she didn't have to run and to get into the middle of the boys kicking the ball. If I could change anything about the experience, I should have enrolled her into a girls only class to introduce her to soccer. Oh well. However, because she finished out the class, she was rewarded with a trip to the ice cream store.






1 comment:
Way to go girls. A new bed for Elle and Soccer for Lauren. Sounds like a lot of fun. We finished softball yesterday. I am sort of sad to see it go.
Post a Comment