Thursday, March 27, 2008

I Have Been Tagged

10 years ago ... It was 1998. I was dating Brandon, had no kids (of course), and was working full-time as a public accountant for a national accounting firm. I was living in Salt Lake City with three roommates in a cute duplex. A lot has happened in ten years!

5 Things on my to do list today.
1. Buy Brandon's birthday present
2. Start making the decorations for our Relief Society birthday party on Saturday
3. Go grocery-shopping
4. Clean, cook, and pick up Lauren from school
5. Read my book (Their Eyes Were Watching God)

Things I would do if I became a billionaire. I would buy a beautiful home and have it professionally decorated. I would love to travel the world and stay at expensive hotels. Take care of my extended family. AND buy a cute store with pretty things.

5 of my Secret Bad Habits.
1. I drink too much diet coke.
2. I don't exercise like I should.
3. I love to eat anything sweet and creamy.
4. I hate cleaning bathrooms
5. I don't like to go visiting teaching (sorry!)

5 Places I have lived.
1. Rexburg, ID is where I grew up and attended Ricks College.
2. Logan, UT while I attended Utah State University
3. Salt Lake City (With roommates and with Brandon) while I worked and where Brandon went to Med school
4. Sacramento, CA for Brandon's residency
5. Boston, MA for Brandon's fellowship. This summer we will be moving to Highland, UT… for good I hope.

5 jobs I have had.
1. Public accountant in Audit at Ernst & Young in SLC.
2. Accountant at Utah State University in Logan, UT
3. Secretary at Rudd & Company in Rexburg, ID
4. Sales person at Bowen Music in Rexburg, ID

5. Okay, maybe this doesn't count (I think it's funny) but I worked for two weeks in a grocery store bakery. Yuk.

5 things most people don't know about me.
1. I have been to France twice, but would like to go many more times
2. I was the President of an accounting fraternity in college (I know, very nerdy… but, hey, it got me a good job after graduation)
3. I took piano lessons from first grade through high school and an extra class in college
4. I love Florence's and Sees chocolates
5. I make some yummy rice pudding

Now I tag: Alison Woods, Amber Lewis, Melissa McDonald, Erin Hakes, Greta Griffeths

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Was that so bad?! You have had a great life. It's fun to read about you. And I have to say your secrets aren't so secret...heheh...I knew most of them.

sacramentostakeclerk said...

I haven't read "Their Eyes Were Watching God" since college. I loved it then, but it might be interesting to pick it up again and see what I think of it more than 15 (gulp) years later.

Actually, I've learned more than I ever knew about you SINCE you've moved away... which I think is kind of funny. It has been really fun!

Anonymous said...

Amazing Kara, my 5 secret bad habits are exactly yours (substitute diet Dr. Pepper). I have been known to envy pioneer women just because they had no bathrooms to clean. They had the life - who cares if you get a little chilly or a sage brush tickles...Do it outside! Shari