Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Cape Cod with the Hendersons

We took a trip to Cape Cod a few weeks ago with some friends from Boston.  We loaded up their van with the seven of us and drove to see the beautiful scenery, eat some yummy seafood, and play on the beach!
Michelle, Daniel, and Logan are in Boston studying at the New England Conservatory of Music (okay, just Daniel, and boy is he a talented jazz musician).  They invited us over to their home for dinner our very first Sunday at church.
We stopped at Mac's Seafood for some fish & chips.  This place is located right off of the beach and is a "must do" stop along the coast.

Ooh la, la.....  Logan enjoyed a chocolate brownie for dessert.  We had a few laughs over his French-looking mustache.
At the beach we found three interesting creatures.  Can anyone name them?  The first is a Horseshoe crab... it looks prehistoric to me!  The second was a fun catch to find and trap in our bucket.  The third was so small!  It was a hermit crab finding a home in a snail shell.



We had a great time.  The weather was so perfect and the girls had so much fun playing in the water.  Lauren made it home with a bucket of shells to remember her day at the beach.

7 comments:

Alison Woods said...

Wow! That looks like so much fun! I'm jealous! I LOVE fish and chips.

sacramentostakeclerk said...

So did Brandon take that one of Lauren? It's beautiful...

Did you guys ever make it to Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket? I can't remember.

Kara said...

Yes, Brandon took these pictures. You should look at B's blog (see link on our blogpage). It's just photos he has taken over the past few years. He has some beautiful shots of MA.

Sadly we weren't able to make it to Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket. I would have loved too!! We only have a few weeks left so we won't be able to see much more.

What will we do when we get to UT?!

Carter Family said...

Can I just say that I love looking at your Blog... I would love to experience Boston. So fun... I love the great pictures! :)

Kristen said...

I am so jealous. Instead of the Cape I'm headed to Rigby lake today! Fun! NOT!!!
K

Newman Family said...

I love looking at the pictures you guys take. They are beautiful. I've never had any interest in going to Boston until I saw all the great pictures you took.
Meggin

Kara said...

Thanks everyone. Blogging is much more fun when you know people are actually reading your blog!